Thank you so much to all those who continuously donate and support us through fundraising initiatives and sponsorships towards improving the education of young women and girls in South Africa. Every year the support and contributions we receive enable us to help contribute towards the further education needs of many learners who benefit from our Rustenburg Alumnae Bursary Funds. This year on Friday, 5 February 2023 we awarded a few annual awards to some learners at the 129th Birthday Celebration. Rustenburg Girls’ High School is known for its outstanding academic results, primarily based on learner achievements in the National Senior Certificate Examinations, which have secured its position as one of the top 10 schools in South Africa. As a school, we recognise the discriminatory and racist history of South Africa and its continued influence on our country and schools today. We are committed to ongoing transformation at Rustenburg Girls’ High School and working towards equity and structural justice in and outside the classroom. As part of our 2023 commitments, we would like to expand the range of these bursaries to support more learners, especially those coming from disadvantaged and marginalised communities through a series of programmes that support the development of learners, further education enablement and access to quality education.
Below are some of the recipients who have benefitted from your support since 2019. We aim to reach more learners through your support.
Diamond Jubilee Award: Awarded to Top Matriculant annually:
- Nika Hofmeyer ( Achieved 7 subject distinctions and an aggregate of 95.83%) in 2020
- Erin Coull ( Achieved 7 subject distinctions and an aggregate of 96.5%) in 2021
- Kelly Prowse – 2022 (Top achiever Nationally & Provincially, achieved 7 subject distinctions and an aggregate of 97.8%) in 2022
Rustenburg Alumnae Bursary for Tertiary Education Support is awarded annually and can be shared by a maximum of 3 deserving students on application.
- Kim-Joy Damon – Received bursary support towards a Post Grad Certificate in Education in 2023
Jean Jackson’s annual scholarship is awarded to a deserving learner who needs financial aid for a period of 5 years.
- Khanyisile Malinge – Award recipient from 2019 to 2023
Palmam Meruit Award is presented by the Rustenburg Alumnae Committee and school to a past pupil who has achieved noteworthy, impactful and incredible work in any area or industry of work that they have excelled in.
- Ayesha Kaprey – Award recipient for 2023
Help us reach out to help more learners through our Rustenburg Alumnae bursaries by giving in the following ways:
- Donate as little as R150.00 per month towards our annual bursaries via Alumnet or by using our fundraising link.
- Sponsor the naming rights towards a special Bursary towards the educational development of a learner or more.
- Sponsor a programme/event geared towards mentorship and leadership development of our past and present learners.
- Become a corporate sponsor of a tailor-made programme/event to develop girls and women leaders from disadvantaged communities in South Africa.